The Ottawa Hospital
- Is one of the largest learning and research hospitals in Canada, specializing in acute care for adults, and innovative, practice-changing research.
- Touches the lives of one in two people in eastern Ontario.
- Encompasses three campuses: Civic, General and Riverside.
- Offers cancer care at satellite sites at the Irving Greenberg Family Cancer Centre at the Queensway Carleton Hospital, Winchester District Memorial Hospital, Renfrew Victoria Hospital, and the Hawkesbury and District General Hospital.
- Admits over 50,800 patients a year.
- Treats more than 1,150,000 outpatient visits and 170,000 emergency department visits annually.
- Has a close affiliation with the University of Ottawa’s Faculty of Medicine.
Research at The Ottawa Hospital
- Is breaking new ground in finding innovative treatments and possible cures for diseases, such as cancer, diabetes, arthritis and Parkinson’s.
- Is conducted by more than 1,800 scientists, clinical investigators, trainees and staff who are working on some 1,663 active research projects and clinical trials.
- Has more than 15,500 patients enrolled in clinical trials
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
- Is proud that every dollar raised stays in the community.
- Ranks second in Ontario and in the top five in Canada for fundraising efficiency by a hospital foundation.
- Administrative costs of 17 cents on the dollar.
- Builds on government funded operating costs, by working with our community to raise funds to provide the latest life-saving equipment, the most up-to-date facilities, and access to vital research at The Ottawa Hospital.
- Facilitates donors designating their gift to a particular area of patient care or research, or directs gifts to the Hospital’s priority needs.