The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
As the fundraising arm of the Ottawa Hospital, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation’s (TOHF) purpose is to inspire and enable people to support the highest quality health care and world class research at The Ottawa Hospital.
TOHF is challenging all energetic, self-motivated and results-oriented individuals to join our exciting, growing and donor-centered team! We are currently searching for an experienced individual to join our team as Junior Accounting Officer.
The Accounting Officer
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance and Administration, the Accounting Officer is accountable for professional accounting work, including the day to day activities leading to the Foundation's financial statements.
- Prepare monthly bank and investment account reconciliations
- Perform month-end closing activities, including reconciliations and accruals
- Assist with the preparation and monitoring of the annual operating budget
- Assist with the annual internal and external audit processes
- Maintain up to date and complete filing systems to support financial reporting and management
- Prepare ad hoc reports, as required
- Liaise with Foundation staff on all areas of donor stewardship
- Graduation with a degree from a recognized college or university with specialization in accounting or finance or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience
- An accounting designation or working towards an accounting designation (preferably CPA) is an asset
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience working in an accounting or finance role for an organization of similar scope and complexity – in the not for profit sector is an asset
- Experience in advanced use of Excel – in Raiser's Edge and/or Financial Edge is an asset
In addition to an exceptional and collaborative work environment, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation offers an excellent benefits package and values and supports ongoing professional development opportunities.
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation offers a competitive compensation package. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you have a passion for our community’s health care system, please forward your resume and a covering letter outlining why you think you would be a suitable candidate for this position by July 6, 2018.
Job Contact Information:
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation 737 Parkdale Avenue, 1st Floor Ottawa, ON K1Y 1J8
(Fax) 613 761-5014