The Ottawa Hospital
The Ottawa Hospital is one of Canada’s largest learning and research hospitals, with more than 1,100 beds, approximately 12,000 staff members and an annual budget of about $1.2 billion.
Our focus on learning and research helps us develop new and innovative ways to treat patients and improve care. As a multi-campus hospital affiliated with the University of Ottawa, we deliver specialized care to the eastern Ontario region, but our techniques and research discoveries are adopted around the world. We engage the community at all levels to support our vision for better patient care.
From the compassion of our people to the relentless pursuit of new discoveries, The Ottawa Hospital never stops seeking solutions to the most complex health-care challenges.
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation’s (TOHF) purpose is to inspire and enable people to support the highest quality health care and world class research at The Ottawa Hospital.
At TOHF, we are proud to have what we believe to be the best, the brightest and the most dedicated employee team in the entire country! We have worked hard to create a work environment that fosters collaboration, creativity and work satisfaction for all of our employees. Consistently, we are ranked as one of the highest performing foundations in Canada.
TOHF is challenging all energetic, self-motivated and results-oriented individuals to join our exciting, dynamic and donor-centered team! We are currently searching for an Administrative Assistant to join the Communications and Marketing team.
The Administration Assistant, Communications and Marketing
Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing, the Administrative Assistant is accountable for effective and efficient coordination of administrative support for the Communications and Marketing team, and the office of Vice President, Marketing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing effective and efficient administrative support to the Vice President, Marketing, and the Manager of Communications and Marketing
- Assist in meeting preparation, agenda management, and creation/printing of documents
- Administrative and marketing lead for The Ottawa Hospital staff lottery (execute marketing plan as outlined, help develop and distribute collateral, liaise with lottery ticket purchasers, execute data entry and bi-weekly draws, secure license, etc.)
- Maintain budget and invoicing for the Communications and Marketing team
- Help maintain the media tab in the Foundation’s database as it pertains to activities generated by the C&M team
- Assist in the creation of online donation pages for campaign priorities and special events using Artez
- Passionate belief in the work of The Ottawa Hospital and TOHF
- 2 – 5 years of experience
- Experience in assisting the execution of projects from beginning to end
- Strong IT skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong time management skills
- Tact, diplomacy and maturity in dealing with stakeholders, including donors, volunteers and the general public
- Team player with the ability to maintain a positive attitude at all times and a strong 'get-the-job-done' work ethic
- Eagerness to learn and develop new skills
In addition to an exceptional and collaborative work environment, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation offers an excellent benefits package and values and supports ongoing professional development opportunities.
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation offers a competitive compensation package. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you have a passion for our community’s health care system, please forward your resume and a covering letter outlining why you think you would be a suitable candidate for this position by July 21, 2017.
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
737 Parkdale Avenue, 1st Floor
Ottawa, ON K1Y 1J8