The Ottawa Hospital touches the lives of thousands of people every day and from every corner of eastern Ontario. As one of the largest learning and research hospitals in Canada, The Ottawa Hospital specializes in acute care for adults, and innovative, practice-changing research. It is also the region’s only trauma centre and the hub of cancer care, providing the best care to the sickest patients and to those with the most complex health-care issues.
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation is the fundraising arm of The Ottawa Hospital. At the Foundation, we work to inspire and enable our community to support improvements in patient care, ground-breaking research, and state-of-the-art equipment at The Ottawa Hospital. We consider ourselves privileged partners with a community that holds the health of its citizens in high importance.
At TOHF, we are proud to have what we believe to be the best, the brightest and the most dedicated employee team in the entire country! We have worked hard to create a work environment that fosters collaboration, creativity and work satisfaction for all of our employees.
If your goal is to join a work place where you can excel at what you do, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation is looking to add you as a member of our team. We are currently searching for a Communications Officer, Proposals to cover a maternity leave.
The Communications Officer, Proposals is responsible for developing proposals to attract donor investment.
- Working with the Fundraising team, develop large scale proposals to target individual and corporate donors for philanthropic investment.
- Review smaller scale proposals for consistency of writing.
- Write updates on key fundraising priorities and other letters to go to donors.
- Layout proposals and updates as required.
- Keep updated on the latest news and developments associated with key research priorities.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent writing skills.
- Familiarity with graphic design software (i.e. In Design).
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially in building relationships with people at various levels in various functions.
- Strong communication skills.
Reports to the Vice President, Marketing.
This is a fixed term contract for an 18-month maternity cover. The Ottawa Hospital Foundation offers a competitive compensation package. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please forward your resume and a covering letter outlining how you feel you can contribute to this position by Thursday December 28, 2017 with your application saved in the following format Firstname_Lastname_Jobtitle.
Job Contact Information
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
737 Parkdale Avenue, 1st floor
Ottawa, ON K1Y 1J8
(Fax) 613 761-5014