The Ottawa Hospital
The Ottawa Hospital is one of Canada’s largest learning and research hospitals, with more than 1,100 beds, approximately 12,000 staff members and an annual budget of about $1.2 billion.
Our focus on learning and research helps us develop new and innovative ways to treat patients and improve care. As a multi-campus hospital affiliated with the University of Ottawa, we deliver specialized care to the Eastern Ontario region, but our techniques and research discoveries are adopted around the world. We engage the community at all levels to support our vision for better patient care.
From the compassion of our people to the relentless pursuit of new discoveries, The Ottawa Hospital never stops seeking solutions to the most complex health-care challenges.
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation’s (TOHF) purpose is to inspire and enable people to support the highest quality health care and world class research at The Ottawa Hospital.
At TOHF, we are proud to have what we believe to be the best, the brightest and the most dedicated employee team in the entire country! We have worked hard to create a work environment that fosters collaboration, creativity and work satisfaction for all of our employees. Consistently, we are ranked as one of the highest performing foundations in Canada.
Executive Assistant to the President and CEO
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation is currently seeking a full-time Executive Assistant reporting to the President and CEO of the Foundation. As a consummate professional, you will work collaboratively along-side the President.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the office of the CEO including calendar management, scheduling and project prioritization
- Ensure the CEO is kept current on all internal and external issues, and is advised of and prepared for all appointments and obligations.
- Act as the key liaison between the CEO’s office and internal and external stakeholders including major donors, volunteers and Foundation Board Members and community leaders
- Support and work in collaboration with the Board liaison lead in supporting the Board of Directors
- Assist in the development of proposals and major donor liaison
- Work in collaboration with the CEO on special projects and key initiatives
- Draft and review correspondence (e.g. emails) and follow-up as needed on responses and deliverables
- Manage major donor deliverables including prospect management, bring forward, follow up gift confirmations and correspondence using Raisers Edge donor management system
- Support the Campaign Cabinet volunteers and the CEO in all matters related to the upcoming campaign to build the new Ottawa Hospital campus.
- Conducts work and activities involving confidential and sensitive issues in a professional manner.
- Co-operates with other administrative support team staff, especially the Executive offices of The Ottawa Hospital and the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute.
- Establishes and maintains a productive working relationship with all hospital departments.
- Completion of Executive Office Administration Diploma Program or equivalent degree, with minimum of 5 years’ experience as a senior executive assistant
- Advanced computer knowledge (Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, Outlook, Word, and Excel, Raisers Edge)
- Exceptional professionalism: judgment, tact, diplomacy and flexibility
- Maintains critical relationships with the highest level of confidentiality and sensitivity
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Advanced organizational, prioritization and time-management skills
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- The ability to work efficiently in a high volume, multifaceted environment
- Team player with and infectious a positive attitude at all times and a strong 'get-the-job-done' work ethic, expects highest quality performance from self and others
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as required
- Bilingualism is required
- Extensive knowledge of the not for profit sector including experience in working with Boards of Directors, senior executives or volunteers.
In addition to an exceptional and collaborative work environment, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation offers an excellent benefits package and values and supports ongoing professional development opportunities.
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation offers a competitive compensation package. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you have a passion for our community’s health care system, please forward your resume and a covering letter outlining why you think you would be a suitable candidate for this position by July 14, 2017.
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
737 Parkdale Avenue, 1st Floor
Ottawa, ON K1Y 1J8