Run for a Reason
Show your support
Get your race registration refunded, in support of The Ottawa Hospital!
Now is the time to register for Run for a Reason and raise funds for The Ottawa Hospital Foundation during Ottawa Race Weekend.
Don’t miss your chance to run the marathon, half-marathon, 10k, 5K or 2K on May 24 and 25!
If you fundraise more than $250 for Run for a Reason, the Ottawa Hospital Foundation will refund your Race Weekend registration fee!
In 2013, more than 1,250 dedicated runners raised $405,552 through Run for a Reason for The Ottawa Hospital, supporting areas that matter most to them, including research in the areas of cancer and Parkinson’s Disease and the expansion of The Ottawa Hospital Breast Health Centre. That brings the 10-year total to more than $9.4 million.
What's your Reason to run? Click on the Register Now button to learn more about the event and to register.
Any questions? Click here to read our FAQs.
2013 Run for a Reason Results
The Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend is home to Canada's largest marathon and features 6 unique running events attracting over 42,000 participants, 2,500 volunteers, tens of thousands of spectators resulting in an economic impact of over $27 million annually to the National Capital Region.
Discover why you'll love this race at www.runottawa.ca!
- Current projects
- Breast Health Centre
- Cancer Centre
- Cancer Research
- Dermatology Centre
- Emergency Medicine Research Chair
- Minimally Invasive Gynecology at the Shirley E. Greenberg Women’s Health Centre
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Suites
- Molecular Oncology Diagnostics Laboratory
- Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
- Parkinson Research
- Regenerative Medicine
- Research to Improve Patient Care
- Robotic Surgery Program
- Spinal Cord and Brain Regeneration (SABR) Research Chair
- uOttawa Skills and Simulation Centre at The Ottawa Hospital
- Women’s Health Initiatives
- Ways to give
- Estate giving
- Our supporters
- Our events
- Publications and videos
- Donate now