Run for a Reason
Show your support
In support of
The Ottawa Hospital
You know, 2014 isn’t so far away – not when you’re setting personal goals or planning on making a difference in the life of the one in two Ottawans who will be touched by The Ottawa Hospital in the coming year.
That’s why it’s not too early to plan to participate in Run for a Reason, a fundraiser held in conjunction with the ever-popular Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend.
In 2013, more than 1,250 dedicated runners raised $405,552 through Run for a Reason for The Ottawa Hospital, supporting areas that matter most to them, including research in the areas of cancer and Parkinson’s Disease and the expansion of The Ottawa Hospital Breast Health Centre. That brings the 10-year total to more than $9.4 million.
Registration for race weekend (May 24-25, 2014) has now opened. Whether you’re planning to run or walk the marathon, half-marathon, 10K, 5K or 2K, register soon – the events are selling out faster and faster each year.
Don’t wait – sign up to fundraise and register to run today.
Charity Half-Marathon Registrations ($250) – learn more
2013 Run for a Reason Results
The Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend is home to Canada's largest marathon and features 6 unique running events attracting over 42,000 participants, 2,500 volunteers, tens of thousands of spectators resulting in an economic impact of over $27 million annually to the National Capital Region.
Discover why you'll love this race at www.runottawa.ca!
- Current projects
- Centre for Innovative Cancer Research
- da Vinci surgical system
- Dermatology Centre
- General Campus Emergency Department
- Minimally Invasive Gynecology at the Shirley E. Greenberg Women’s Health Centre
- Molecular Oncology Diagnostics Laboratory
- Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
- Parkinson’s Research at The Ottawa Hospital
- Regenerative Medicine
- Rehabilitation Virtual Reality Laboratory
- Research to Improve Patient Care
- Spinal Cord and Brain Regeneration (SABR) Research Chair
- The Ottawa Hospital Breast Health Centre
- The Ottawa Hospital Cancer Centre
- uOttawa Skills and Simulation Centre at The Ottawa Hospital
- Women’s Health
- Ways to give
- Estate giving
- Our supporters
- Our events
- Publications and videos
- Donate now