The Ottawa Hospital touches the lives of thousands of people every day and from every corner of eastern Ontario. As one of the largest learning and research hospitals in Canada, The Ottawa Hospital specializes in acute care for adults, and innovative, practice-changing research. It is also the region’s only trauma centre and the hub of cancer care, providing the best care to the sickest patients and to those with the most complex health-care issues.
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation is the fundraising arm of The Ottawa Hospital. At the Foundation, we work to inspire and enable our community to support improvements in patient care, ground-breaking research, and state-of-the-art equipment at The Ottawa Hospital. We consider ourselves privileged partners with a community that holds the health of its citizens in high importance.
At TOHF, we are proud to have what we believe to be the best, the brightest and the most dedicated employee team in the entire country! We have worked hard to create a work environment that fosters collaboration, creativity and work satisfaction for all of our employees.
If your goal is to join a work place where you can excel at what you do, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation is looking to add you as a member of our team. We are currently searching for a Photographer / Videographer for a part-time position.
The Photographer / Videographer is responsible for taking photographs and producing videos for marketing and communications.
- Responding to creative briefs taking photographs and producing videos.
- Taking and editing photographs in the hospital, the community, and at events that reflect our brand positioning and style guide.
- Producing short videos to be used online (web and social), at events, and in sales meetings.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong creative abilities in photography and production / editing of video.
- Ability to respond to a creative brief and translate brand positioning strategy into visual elements that support the positioning.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal with patients and staff as subjects in the photographs / videos. Ability to ‘direct’ subjects to get moments we want to capture.
- Advanced to expert level knowledge of photo and video editing in Adobe’s Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Advanced level knowledge of common output file types and sizing for photos and videos for use on/in web, social media, television, print media, etc.
- Advanced level knowledge of producing sound for video productions.
This position is required to provide its own equipment. Specifically, the candidate must have access to:
- Camera with ability to shoot stills and video. At least one professional DSLR or equivalent mirrorless camera capable of producing high resolution stills and full-HD video (or equivalent dedicated video-only-camera AND professional level DSLR).
- Professional on/off camera microphone (ex: shotgun mic).
- Professional lenses to cover a variety of focal lengths.
- Professional video tripods/stabilizers/gimbals etc.
- Professional flashes and modifiers for stills.
- Professional lighting and modifiers for video.
In addition, the following equipment would be considered an asset:
- Lav mics
- External sound recorders
Reports to the Creative Manager.
This is a part-time position for three (3) days per week. There will be a few evenings and weekends throughout the year to photograph events. The Ottawa Hospital Foundation offers a competitive compensation package. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please forward your resume, your photography and video portfolio, and a covering letter outlining how you feel you can contribute to this position by January 5, 2018 with your application saved in the following format Firstname_Lastname_Jobtitle.
Job Contact Information
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
737 Parkdale Avenue, 1st floor
Ottawa, ON K1Y 1J8
(Fax) 613 761-5014