The Ottawa Hospital is one of Canada’s largest learning and research hospitals, with more than 1,100 beds, approximately 12,000 staff members and an annual budget of about $1.2 billion.
Our focus on learning and research helps us develop new and innovative ways to treat patients and improve care. As a multi-campus hospital affiliated with the University of Ottawa, we deliver specialized care to the Eastern Ontario region, but our techniques and research discoveries are adopted around the world. We engage the community at all levels to support our vision for better patient care. From the compassion of our people to the relentless pursuit of new discoveries, The Ottawa Hospital never stops seeking solutions to the most complex health-care challenges.
The Foundation’s (TOHF) purpose is to inspire and enable support for the highest quality health care and world-class research at The Ottawa Hospital.
At TOHF, we are proud to have what we believe to be the best, the brightest and the most dedicated employee team in the entire country! We have worked hard to create a work environment that fosters collaboration, creativity and work satisfaction for all of our employees. Consistently, we are ranked as one of the highest performing foundations in Canada.
The Foundation is in the early stages of a transformative Capital Campaign that will be unprecedented in our city and we are currently recruiting the best candidates to our team to play critical roles in our success.
“I am proud to be leading The Ottawa Hospital Foundation as the health care landscape of our city is transformed with the redevelopment of the Carling Avenue Campus. We want the best staff to join our exceptional team as we prepare for this generational opportunity.” – Tim Kluke, President and CEO, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
About the role
The Administrative Assistant will play a key role in welcoming our visitors and will provide program and administrative support to our Philanthropy team.
“If you’re interested in a career that combines the best in customer service to make our visitors feel like guests, while providing exceptional administration support, and results in the wonderful feeling of giving back, then this is the position for you.” – Kelly Goulet, Associate Vice President, Philanthropy
In this position you will
- Act as the first point of contact and provide superior customer service to all visitors in person and by phone
- Provide administrative support to the philanthropy team
- Coordinate and prepare donor correspondence (e.g. pledge reminders, thank you letters etc. using mail merges)
- Ensure timely, accurate entry of donor activity within the Raiser’s Edge (the Foundation’s database) as well as hard/electronic donor records
- Support fundraising team with various tasks (calendar requests, correspondence, organizing logistics of meetings/events and other administrative tasks)
- New graduates who show incredible potential will be considered, however preference will be given to candidates who have experience in an office environment supporting staff. Experience in the charitable sector inspiring philanthropy is preferred but not mandatory.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bilingual: English and French (mandatory)
- Experience in a front facing customer service role
- Superior administrative skills and knowledge of administrative protocols, office procedures and practices to provide daily professional administrative assistance to the Philanthropy team
- Experience in data processing and with data management systems
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Preference will be given to candidates with database experience (Raiser’s Edge/Blackbaud) and SharePoint
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in juggling various tasks
Willingness and ability to work outside of regular business hours when needed
The true benefit of working with The Ottawa Hospital Foundation comes from the ability to work on a team that is making a difference in our community. Everything we do has a direct impact on improving the lives of people in the Ottawa region every day. In addition to an exceptional and collaborative work environment, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation also offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, and values and supports ongoing professional development opportunities for all members of our team.
We believe that our people are our strength. Our success stems from our ability to attract and retain the best people who have a passion for our community’s health care system and want to make a difference in your community. If you are looking for a truly unique career opportunity and a chance to work for an established, successful organization, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation is the ideal place for you. Apply today via email at [email protected].
Please forward your resume and cover letter outlining your experience, salary expectations and why you think you would be a suitable candidate for this position by Friday, October 25, 2019. Your application should be saved in the following format Firstname_Lastname_Jobtitle.
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation values diversity and embraces an organizational culture that is inclusive and free of bias and discrimination. The Foundation is committed to a board and staff that is comprised of talented and dedicated individuals with a diverse mix of expertise, experience, skills and backgrounds.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Contact information:
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
737 Parkdale Avenue, 1st Floor
Ottawa, ON K1Y 1J8
(Fax) 613 761-5014
E-mail: [email protected]