The Ottawa Hospital is one of Canada’s top learning and research hospitals, where excellent care is inspired by research and driven by compassion. Our multi-campus hospital, affiliated with the University of Ottawa, attracts some of the most influential scientific minds from around the world. Our focus on learning and research leads to new techniques and discoveries that are adopted around the world to improve patient care.
The Foundation’s (TOHF) purpose is to inspire and enable support for the highest quality health care and world-class research at The Ottawa Hospital. Backed by generous support from the community, we are committed to providing the world-class, compassionate care we would want for our loved ones.
At TOHF, we are proud to have what we believe to be the best, the brightest, and the most dedicated employee team in the entire country! We have worked hard to create a work environment that fosters collaboration, creativity, and work satisfaction for all of our employees. Consistently, we are ranked as one of the highest performing foundations in Canada.
The Foundation is in the early stages of a transformative Capital Campaign that will be unprecedented in our city and we are currently recruiting the best candidates to our team to play critical roles in our success.
“I am proud to be leading The Ottawa Hospital Foundation as the healthcare landscape of our city is transformed with the new Civic development on Carling Avenue. We want the best staff to join our exceptional team as we prepare for this generational opportunity.”
– Tim Kluke, President and CEO, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
About the role:
The Campaign Administrator is the critical administrative support to the Campaign office in an active and fast-paced campaign environment. By providing executive-level administrative support to the Director, Campaign and Executive Office, the ideal candidate will possess a keen interest and competency in administrative tasks as well as a demonstrated understanding of fundraising best practices and experience in pipeline management. By providing project management support, the incumbent will track and coordinate a high volume of work. The administrator will have a professional and polished demeanor and will interact with the Foundation’s most engaged supporters.
Location: Civic Campus, Ottawa, Ontario (presently telecommuting)
“It is an incredible time to join The Ottawa Hospital Foundation as we undertake the largest ever campaign to transform health care in our city. The Campaign Administrator will play a critical role in our success.”
– Daniel Knox, Director, Campaign and Executive Office
In this position you will:
- Provide direct administrative support to the Director, Campaign and Executive Office and assist in supporting senior volunteers working on the campaign, including calendar management and scheduling, meeting support (preparing meeting agendas, minutes and action tracking), and other administrative duties as required.
- Lead the scheduling, preparation, management and logistics for internal and external meetings with volunteers, staff and donors.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Coordinate internal staff teams (fundraisers, proposal writers, and prospect researchers) to ensure alignment of, and adherence to timelines for production of materials.
- Optimize use of campaign tools to support the Philanthropy team.
- Monitor and coordinate prospect pipeline reporting.
- Maintain Campaign-related coding in the donor database (Raiser’s Edge).
- Embrace the use of new technologies to create efficiencies in Campaign operations.
- Handle confidential and sensitive issues in a professional manner.
- Provide superior customer service to donors, volunteers, and internal stakeholders in person, electronically, and by phone.
Preference will be given to candidates with 3+ years’ experience working in the charitable sector and/or a diploma or certificate in Fundraising management. Experience in providing administrative support and/or project management in this context is required. New graduates who show incredible potential will be considered.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment with shifting priorities, a diverse range of assignments and time-sensitive deliverables with thorough attention to details and consistent follow-through.
- Tact, diplomacy and maturity in dealing with donors, senior volunteers, senior hospital staff, physicians, and the general public.
- A demonstrated understanding of campaign fundraising and the ability to assist in the execution of donor-centered strategies.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to adapt to changes in projects and timelines.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and multi-player environment requiring flexibility and adaptability.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Superior attention to detail is critical.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, and the ability to operate with minimum supervision.
- Ability to forge excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders with the highest level of confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Resourcefulness and independence, while remaining comfortable working within the framework of a team-oriented environment.
- Advanced computer knowledge is required (Windows, Microsoft Office 365, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel). Preference will be given to candidates with database experience (Raiser’s Edge/Blackbaud).
- A flexible schedule that allows for the potential to work evening and weekends, as required.
The true benefit of working with The Ottawa Hospital Foundation comes from the ability to work on a team that is making a difference in our community. Everything we do has a direct impact on improving the lives of people in the Ottawa region every day. In addition to an exceptional and collaborative work environment, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation also offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, and values and supports ongoing professional development opportunities for all members of our team.
We believe that our people are our strength. Our success stems from our ability to attract and retain the best people who have a passion for our community’s health care system and want to make a difference in your community. If you are looking for a truly unique career opportunity and a chance to work for an established, successful organization, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation is the ideal place for you.
How To Apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter outlining your experience, salary expectations and why you think you would be a suitable candidate for this position by Sunday, April 4, 2021. Your application should be submitted in PDF format, and should use the following title: Firstname_Lastname_Jobtitle. Apply today via email at email@example.com.
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation values diversity and embraces an organizational culture that is inclusive and free of bias and discrimination. The Foundation is committed to a board and staff that is comprised of talented and dedicated individuals with a diverse mix of expertise, experience, skills and backgrounds.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Contact Information:
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
737 Parkdale Avenue, 1st Floor
Ottawa, ON K1Y 1J8
(Fax) 613 761-5014