Donor Experience Officer
Join our team to create a better tomorrow for all of us.
Our $500 million Campaign to Create Tomorrow is supported by many thousands of donors and we need someone to envision and execute memorable events that engage and re-engage our donor base.
If you’re an experienced event planner, and love:
This role is for you.
We want YOU by our side to help transform the future of healthcare.
Position Type: Full-time Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
Number of Vacancies: 1 (newly created role)
Number of Direct Reports: 1 (a Philanthropy Operations Associate)
Annual Salary: The salary range for this position is $53,000 – $77,000, with a current hiring range of $53,000 – $67,000
Experience: All candidates with relevant experience in event planning and/or philanthropy are encouraged to apply.
Pension and Medical Benefits: Includes medical benefits (semi-private hospital, extended health care, vision care, dental care); life insurance; employee and family assistance program; defined benefits pension, and more.
Vacation: 4 weeks per annum
Location: On-site work is based out of the Civic Campus (1053 Carling Avenue) with hybrid work-place options available.
Transportation: A driver’s license/private vehicle is required for this role.
Languages: English essential. French is an asset.
Software: Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and ability to learn new software, particularly Wrike (project management), Raiser’s Edge (CRM database)
Deadline to Apply: We will start reviewing applications on August 29 and will continue reviewing applications and conducting interviews on a rolling basis. We therefore encourage candidates to apply early.
Read on to learn more about us and the future you.
OUR MISSION: THE CAMPAIGN TO CREATE TOMORROW
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation has launched the historic $500 million Campaign to Create Tomorrow, a multi-year campaign to support the construction of a new state-of-the-art hospital on Carling Avenue, as well as world-leading medical research. It’s the largest ever fundraising campaign in our region’s history, representing an ambitious vision for the future of healthcare.
The Campaign to Create Tomorrow already has overwhelming community support. Our team of fundraisers have raised $268m (53%) since launching the campaign 3 years ago, which includes some of the largest-ever donations in our city’s history.
WHAT WOULD MY JOB LOOK LIKE?
The successful candidate will:
- Project manage a portfolio of customized and tailored donor events, such as private receptions. The successful candidate must: manage a critical path and budget for each event; identify and mitigate risk; contingency plan/pivot; and oversee day-of event logistics. They will also conceptualize the overall vision for the event, by considering the aim (i.e., the “why”) and the objectives (i.e., the “what” and “how”) of each event.
- Identify the key stakeholders (internal and external) for each project and manage their involvement accordingly. Stakeholders typically include: donors, our in-house fundraisers (who work closest with donors), the marketing team, the finance team, and external vendors.
- Leverage superior written communication skills in drafting front-facing communications, including emails to donors and high-level volunteers, invitations, and thank you emails.
- Collaborate with Marketing colleagues on event strategy and deliverables, including but not limited to invites, social media coverage, web content, video, collateral, etc.
- Work with Finance colleagues on budget and donor data requests.
- Participate in our internal Donor Experience Committee and contribute to the strategy therein.
- Supervise a Philanthropy Operations Associate who assists with event execution. This Associate provides administrative support, such as invoicing, event registration, seating charts, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Tact, diplomacy, and maturity in dealing with clients (donors, volunteers, hospital staff, general public).
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written). This includes compelling front-facing communications and clear/concise internal emails.
- Given the language skills of our community, bilingualism in French and English is considered an asset.
- Ability to think strategically, plan and prioritize, and work proactively to meet deadlines.
- Team player; always maintains a positive attitude and a strong “get-the-job done” work ethic.
- Ability to read and interpret data, with the aim towards improving the events program.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite are required. Preference will be given to candidates with database experience (Raiser’s Edge/Blackbaud) and SharePoint.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree from a recognized community college, university or equivalent.
- Willingness and ability to work outside of regular business hours when needed.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your resume and cover letter outlining your experience, salary expectations and why you think you would be a suitable candidate for this position to TOHFfirstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should be submitted in PDF format and should use the following title: Firstname_Lastname_Donor Experience Officer.
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation values diversity and embraces an organizational culture that is inclusive and free of bias and discrimination. The Foundation is committed to a board and staff that is comprised of talented and dedicated individuals with a diverse mix of expertise, experience, skills, and backgrounds.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.