Donor Services Associate
Join our team to create a better tomorrow for all of us.
At The Ottawa Hospital Foundation, you don’t have to wear all the hats.
Working alongside a talented, 8-person gift processing team, you’ll directly support donors, patients, and community partners who reach out by phone and mail.
If you have experience with accounts receivable, CRM database and/or administration and you love:
This role is for you.
We want YOU by our side to help transform the future of healthcare.
Position Type: Full-time Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
Number of Vacancies: 1 (to backfill a promotion)
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Annual Salary: The salary range for this position is $41,000-$59,000 with a current hiring range of $41,000-$48,500
Experience: 2+ years experience in administration, CRM databases and/or accounts receivable (gift processing)
Pension and Medical Benefits: Includes medical benefits (semi-private hospital, extended health care, vision care, dental care); life insurance; employee and family assistance program; defined benefits pension, and more.
Vacation: 3 weeks per annum (and team cross-training to easily facilitate vacation coverage)
Location: As this role regularly requires the handling of mail, cash, and cheques, this position is strictly onsite at our Civic Campus office (737 Parkdale Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario)
Working hours: Owing to phone coverage, the successful candidate will work our official business hours (8:30am-4:30pm).
Languages: English and French essential
Deadline to Apply: We will start reviewing applications on May 30th, and will continue reviewing applications and conducting interviews on a rolling basis. We therefore encourage candidates to apply early.
Read on to learn more about us and the future you.
OUR MISSION: THE CAMPAIGN TO CREATE TOMORROW
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation has launched the historic $500 million Campaign to Create Tomorrow, a multi-year campaign to support the construction of a new state-of-the-art hospital on Carling Avenue, as well as world-leading medical research. It’s the largest ever fundraising campaign in our region’s history, representing an ambitious vision for the future of healthcare.
The Campaign to Create Tomorrow already has overwhelming community support. Our team of fundraisers have raised $233m (47%) since launching the campaign 3 years ago, which includes some of the largest-ever donations in our city’s history.
WHAT WOULD MY JOB LOOK LIKE?
The successful candidate will:
- Receive, process, and deposit incoming donations daily.
- Enter donations and donor information into Raiser’s Edge database system with accuracy and attention to detail, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide exceptional customer service as the lead for our main phone line: taking donations, troubleshooting, and triaging calls to appropriate team members.
- Liaise with donors and others to seek updated contact information when outgoing mail is returned as undeliverable.
- Update donor profiles to reflect changes in address, email consent, mailing preference etc.
- Manage the filing system for all gift documentation, ensuing completeness of records for audit purposes.
- Additional administrative tasks, such as ordering supplies, as needed.
- Strong data entry skills with high attention to detail
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to pivot between telephone coverage and focused database/administrative work
- Proficient with the use of database technology and other business software.
- Strong communication skills.
- Tact, diplomacy, and maturity in dealing with stakeholders, including donors, volunteers, colleagues, and the general public.
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge (Blackbaud) or other CRM database would be considered an asset
- Willingness and ability to work outside of regular business hours are required
- Willingness and ability to work through our two busy seasons: March and November through mid-January; these time periods are typically blackout dates for vacation.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your resume and cover letter outlining your experience, salary expectations and why you think you would be a suitable candidate for this position to TOHFfirstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should be submitted in PDF format and should use the following title: Firstname_Lastname_Donor Services Associate.
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation values diversity and embraces an organizational culture that is inclusive and free of bias and discrimination. The Foundation is committed to a board and staff that is comprised of talented and dedicated individuals with a diverse mix of expertise, experience, skills, and backgrounds.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.