The Ottawa Hospital is one of Canada’s largest learning and research hospitals, with more than 1,100 beds, approximately 12,000 staff members and an annual budget of about $1.2 billion.
Our focus on learning and research helps us develop new and innovative ways to treat patients and improve care. As a multi-campus hospital affiliated with the University of Ottawa, we deliver specialized care to the Eastern Ontario region, but our techniques and research discoveries are adopted around the world. We engage the community at all levels to support our vision for better patient care. From the compassion of our people to the relentless pursuit of new discoveries, The Ottawa Hospital never stops seeking solutions to the most complex health-care challenges.
The Foundation’s (TOHF) purpose is to inspire and enable support for the highest quality health care and world-class research at The Ottawa Hospital.
At TOHF, we are proud to have what we believe to be the best, the brightest and the most dedicated employee team in the entire country! We have worked hard to create a work environment that fosters collaboration, creativity and work satisfaction for all of our employees. Consistently, we are ranked as one of the highest performing foundations in Canada.
The Foundation is in the early stages of a transformative Capital Campaign that will be unprecedented in our city and we are currently recruiting the best candidates to our team to play critical roles in our success.
“I am proud to be leading The Ottawa Hospital Foundation as the health care landscape of our city is transformed with the redevelopment of the Carling Avenue Campus. We want the best staff to join our exceptional team as we prepare for this generational opportunity.” – Tim Kluke, President and CEO, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
About the role:
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Community Engagement & Business Development, the Coordinator, Event Operations is responsible for event logistics execution and operations.
“Our ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter who is highly organized, an effective multi-tasker and has experience and a passion for events. Well-developed communication skills, discretion, sound judgment and professionalism are paramount in this role.” – Kelly Goulet, Associate Vice President, Community Engagement & Business Development
In this position you will:
• Organize and execute donor relations events and signature fundraising events
• In partnership with the events team, coordinate vendors and suppliers and draft, disseminate and coordinate RFPs
• Support event stewardship and fulfillment for all participants and guests
• Draft schedules and scenarios
• Coordinate and execute all event participant fulfillment (e.g. assembly and distribution of kits and mail-outs)
• Assist in monitoring and executing event operations critical paths and plans including communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities to assist in ensuring all signature events are delivered on time
• Monitor event operations budgets to ensure events are delivered on budget.
• Source and coordinate vendor resources for each event (including renewed and new vendors)
• Work collaboratively with the events team
• Act as backup for other Event Coordinator as needed
• Attend all events, rehearsals and site visits from start to completion
• Post-secondary education in events management or at least two years of related experience in a professional environment with demonstrated experience in event planning and execution – in the not for profit sector is an asset
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
• Excellent communications skills particularly the ability to write and speak with clarity and precision.
• Outstanding organizational skills, flexibility and problem-solving skills.
• Project management skills including working with budgets
• Ability to handle changing priorities and to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of internal and external clients.
• A strong customer-service orientation with a desire to exceed customer expectations.
• Experience in SharePoint, MSOffice (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Team Raiser, Raiser’s Edge is considered an asset
• Certification in meeting planning/event management is an asset.
• Access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license is required
• Willingness and ability to work outside of regular business hours as required
• Ability to stand for an extended period of time, lift heavy objects and work long hours during events
• Bilingualism is considered an asset
The true benefit of working with The Ottawa Hospital Foundation comes from the ability to work on a team that is making a difference in our community. Everything we do has a direct impact on improving the lives of people in the Ottawa region every day. In addition to an exceptional and collaborative work environment, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation also offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, and values and supports ongoing professional development opportunities for all members of our team.
We believe that our people are our strength. Our success stems from our ability to attract and retain the best people who have a passion for our community’s health care system and want to make a difference in your community. If you are looking for a truly unique career opportunity and a chance to work for an established, successful organization, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation is the ideal place for you. Apply today via email at [email protected].
Please forward your resume and cover letter outlining your experience, salary expectations and why you think you would be a suitable candidate for this position by Friday, August 2, 2019. Your application should be saved in the following format Firstname_Lastname_Jobtitle.
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation values diversity and embraces an organizational culture that is inclusive and free of bias and discrimination. The Foundation is committed to a board and staff that is comprised of talented and dedicated individuals with a diverse mix of expertise, experience, skills and backgrounds.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Contact Information:
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
737 Parkdale Avenue, 1st Floor
Ottawa, ON K1Y 1J8
(Fax) 613 761-5014
E-mail [email protected]