The Ottawa Hospital is committed to women’s health. With our leading-edge technology and groundbreaking procedures, The Ottawa Hospital is a critical resource for thousands of women dealing with chronic health problems and/or a difficult diagnosis. Yet many of these women are waiting too long to access our world-class care. We want to provide women with the information and services they need and when they need them.
The Ottawa Hospital is undertaking a number of initiatives founded on women’s health. We will:
- Expand the minimally invasive surgical suite at the Shirley E. Greenberg Women’s Health Centre at the Riverside Campus, which will increase the frequency of surgeries from one day a week to five days a week.
- Increase training in minimally invasive gynecological procedures.
- Build a new and expanded Breast Health Centre at the General Campus, which will triple the number of exam rooms, increase the number of digital mammography machines, including the purchase of a dedicated MRI for screening, diagnosis and state-of-the-art radiation planning. This exciting project will allow for innovative alignment of the new Breast Health Centre with the Cancer Centre and the Centre for Innovative Cancer Research.
- Expand The Ottawa Hospital’s Robotic Surgery Program, which means less trauma, fewer side-effects and faster recoveries for patients, to include some gynecological cancers; • Recruit a much-needed specialist in chronic pelvic pain, as well as oncoplastic surgeons, who specialize in breast reconstruction; and
- Expand the surgical space at the General Campus to consolidate all breast cancer and breast reconstruction surgery in one location
How you can help
We’re raising $20 million in the next five years to expand and improve women’s health-care services and research. A new fundraising campaign is now underway to transform women’s health care by building and expanding these facilities at The Ottawa Hospital.
You can donate online or download our donation form.
For more information, contact Jennifer Van Noort, Vice-President, Philanthropy and Leadership Giving, at 613-798-5555, ext. 16090, or [email protected].
The Women’s Business Network of Ottawa
Watch The View on Women's Health: