Reporting to the Director of Integrated Marketing, the Digital Marketing Analyst is the in-house analytics specialist for our 20-person Marketing and Communications department. They build tools to collect data, consolidate/analyze data, and make data-based recommendations to their colleagues. They also play a vital role in our digital marketing strategy; the incumbent will regularly collaborate with the Integrated Marketing team to develop, monitor, and execute a digital marketing strategy that is heavily informed by their work.
“With an ever-changing fundraising landscape, we want to be front and centre and be a leader in the digital fundraising space. That means thinking outside the box, creating new opportunities, as well as leveraging activities we know are already effective. We need a dynamic individual who can create a strong digital ecosystem for the Foundation.”— Ingrid Gingras, Director of Integrated Marketing
Position Type: Mat Leave Coverage Contract (37.5 hours per week for 13.5 months). Approximate start date mid-October
Location: Ottawa, Ontario. Presently telecommuting with flexible arrangements available post-pandemic.
Language: English essential, French is considered an asset.
The Ottawa Hospital is one of Canada’s top learning and research hospitals, where excellent care is inspired by research and driven by compassion. Our multi-campus hospital, affiliated with the University of Ottawa, attracts some of the most influential scientific minds from around the world. Our focus on learning and research leads to new techniques and discoveries that are adopted globally to improve patient care.
The Foundation’s (TOHF) purpose is to inspire and enable support for the highest quality health care and world-class research at The Ottawa Hospital. Backed by generous support from the community, we are committed to providing the world-class, compassionate care we would want for our loved ones.
At TOHF, we are proud to have what we believe to be the best, the brightest, and the most dedicated employee team in the entire country! We have worked hard to create a work environment that fosters collaboration, creativity, and work satisfaction for all our employees. Consistently, we are ranked as one of the highest performing foundations in Canada.
The Foundation is in the early stages of a transformative Capital Campaign that will be unprecedented in our city and we are currently recruiting the best candidates to our team to play critical roles in our success.
“I am proud to be leading The Ottawa Hospital Foundation as the health care landscape of our city is transformed with the new Civic development on Carling Avenue. We want the best staff to join our exceptional team as we prepare for this generational opportunity.”— Tim Kluke, President and CEO, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
- Prepare for data collection by developing a digital campaign and web measurement strategies.
- Collect data on donors, web behaviours, and key metrics using Google Analytics, Facebook Ad Manager, Illuminate, and Raiser’s Edge.
- Consolidate and analyze data by creating pivot tables, dashboards, website performance reports, and other data visualizations.
- Assist in digital marketing strategizing by making data-based recommendations, actionable insight, and by identifying opportunities to increase campaign performance.
- Monitor and analyze digital media and marketing trends.
- Communicate findings to colleagues, senior managers, and partners.
New graduates who show incredible potential will be considered, however preference will be given to candidates with 2-5 years’ experience working in digital marketing analytics.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with analytical and reporting tools (Ex. Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Managers, Illuminate, Raiser’s Edge)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel’s pivot tables for quick reporting.
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- A deep knowledge of digital marketing across social, display, and programmatic platforms is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter outlining your experience, salary expectations and why you think you would be a suitable candidate for this position to TOHFemail@example.com by Sunday September 12, 2021. Your application should be submitted in PDF format and should use the following title: Firstname_Lastname_Jobtitle.
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation values diversity and embraces an organizational culture that is inclusive and free of bias and discrimination. The Foundation is committed to a board and staff that is comprised of talented and dedicated individuals with a diverse mix of expertise, experience, skills, and backgrounds.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Contact Information
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
737 Parkdale Avenue, 1st Floor Box 610
Ottawa, ON K1Y 1J8
(Fax) 613 761-5014