Your legacy gift will help plan healthcare for tomorrow
We’re here to provide you with the guidance you need to leave a gift in your will to The Ottawa Hospital. This is an opportunity for you to create stronger healthcare for tomorrow, with a larger gift than perhaps you thought possible – larger than those made during your lifetime. Just imagine the legacy you will leave.
Here are some easy steps to write your will:
- Decide if you want to do-it-yourself or seek a lawyer’s guidance
- Select your beneficiaries
- Choose the executor for your will
- Pick a guardian for your children
- Be specific about how your estate will be distributed
- Sign your will and have a witness
- Store your will for safe keeping, such as at a financial institution, with your lawyer or in a fire-proof safe
- Update and review your will after any major life changes
Benefits to planning your will:
- Peace of mind after providing for the financial needs of your family and heirs, you also leave a legacy by helping others.
- You can make a significant gift, larger than you thought possible, which will positively impact the future of healthcare for the next generation – your legacy.
- By leaving a gift if your will, it doesn’t affect your day to day living expenses.
- A bequest to The Ottawa Hospital is an effective way to reduce estate taxes – meaning you could be left with even more to give to your loved ones.
Connect with us to:
- Discuss the hospital’s greatest priorities that need ongoing support
- Learn how other gifts have had an impact on healthcare and how the donor’s legacy lives on
- How legacy gifts help The Ottawa Hospital plan for the future
We work closely with financial advisors, accountants, and lawyers, and can assist you and your client with making a planned gift to The Ottawa Hospital. Here is some important information you may find useful about leaving a gift to The Ottawa Hospital Foundation.
Our team would be delighted to speak with you about your estate plans–whether you’re just starting to think about your will, looking to update an existing will, or in need of more information.
Do you have questions about remembering The Ottawa Hospital with a gift in your will? Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.
Legacy of Care Society
The Legacy of Care Society celebrates the remarkable people who have made a gift today that will save lives tomorrow.
We’re here to help
If a gift in your will feels like it might be the right choice for you, or if you’d just like some more information, we invite you to get in touch. You’ll be under no obligation, and our conversation will remain completely confidential. Please call Rob Gottschalk, Associate Vice-President, Philanthropy at (613) 798-5555 extension 70626, or enter your details below to receive a response by email.