Why create a Legacy Endowment Fund?
A Legacy Endowment Fund (LEF) is a permanent pool of capital that earns interest or income each year. This income is then directed to the area of the Hospital you choose to support. You can establish an endowment fund with a minimum contribution of $25,000 and can continue to make contributions to your fund at any time.
Reasons to create a Legacy Endowment Fund:
- as a permanent remembrance for a loved one or to honour a family member.
- support a cause you truly believe in.
- contribute to advancements in research and patient care.
- ensure the best health care for generations to come.
No matter the reason, there is a common thread running through all LEF donations – a desire to make a personal commitment that will live on forever.
Creating an endowment fund is simple:
- Determine with your financial advisor which type of giving would have the most philanthropic and financial impact and how you would like to establish the endowment fund.
- Contact Rob Gottschalk at 613-737-8899 ext. 70626 to inform us of your intentions to establish an endowment fund, and we will work with you to identify potential areas of interest at The Ottawa Hospital where your gift can have a lasting impact.