The Ottawa Hospital Foundation (TOHF) is the fundraising arm of The Ottawa Hospital (TOH) and the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute (OHRI). We exist to inspire, enable and recognize community support for improvements in patient care and equipment at TOH and groundbreaking research at OHRI.
The Ottawa Hospital is the largest acute care hospital in Canada, and the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute is one of the foremost Canadian hospital-based research institutes. Our Hospital is a critical community asset that touches the lives of people in every neighbourhood and in every corner of our region.
Making your support count.
MoneySense magazine recently graded the 100 biggest charities in Canada. Based on Canada Revenue Agency’s charity information filings, it examined the charities’ program spending, fundraising costs, governance and transparency.
We are proud that The Ottawa Hospital Foundation received an A+ on governance and transparency, and was named one of the top five most efficient hospital foundations in Canada.
With administrative costs of 18.5 cents on the dollar, our Foundation was also ranked second in Ontario for fundraising efficiency. This demonstrates our commitment to our donors, honouring their wishes and providing the greatest impact possible on patient care and research.
Source: The rankings from MoneySense were based on the Canada Revenue Agency 2009, 2010 and 2011 T3010 charity information filings, questionnaires and charity websites.
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation Charitable Registration No.: 86904 2747 RR0001.
- Current projects
- Centre for Innovative Cancer Research
- da Vinci surgical system
- Dermatology Centre
- General Campus Emergency Department
- Minimally Invasive Gynecology at the Shirley E. Greenberg Women’s Health Centre
- Molecular Oncology Diagnostics Laboratory
- Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
- Parkinson’s Research at The Ottawa Hospital
- Regenerative Medicine
- Rehabilitation Virtual Reality Laboratory
- Research to Improve Patient Care
- Spinal Cord and Brain Regeneration (SABR) Research Chair
- The Ottawa Hospital Breast Health Centre
- The Ottawa Hospital Cancer Centre
- uOttawa Skills and Simulation Centre at The Ottawa Hospital
- Women’s Health
- Ways to give
- Estate giving
- Our supporters
- Our events
- Publications and videos
- Donate now
“At The Ottawa Hospital Foundation we know that excellence begins with caring. Our quest for excellence is an ongoing and powerful journey and our donors will determine our success.”
- Tim Kluke
President and CEO, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation